Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists (EDRS) is a nationwide treatment and recovery support program that provides support where our clients need it the most: in their environment. Our team works with clients in their home, school, community, or provide virtual support to bridge the gap between treatment and “real” life
EDRS creates an individualized program of support for clients struggling with various types of eating disorders. Our program is comprised of therapeutic meal support, therapeutic skills, exposures, coaching, accountability to help clients stay on track, case management, and psychotherapy to ensure clients' treatment with their outpatient team, program and EDRS has the highest level of coordination to best support recovery.
Mission and Vision
Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists partner with our clients in their home, school, community, or virtually to create a strong foundation for recovery. We support all facets of clients’ lives through action-oriented goals, life skills development, self-care practices, and by creating meaning and purpose in your life outside of the eating disorder.
Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists (EDRS) is seeking a contractor dietitian to provide nutrition therapy and therapeutic recovery support to clients in various stages of eating disorder recovery. The position entails providing a combination of nutrition therapy, therapeutic meal support, therapeutic exposures, recovery skills-building and planning, and documentation. The schedule is flexible (a combination of days, evenings, and one weekend day) and is ideal for someone building a private practice or working an additional 5-10+ hours a week.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person and virtual Nutrition Therapy, Meal Support, and Meal Planning
- Provide grocery store exposures, cooking and meal prep exposures
- Proper documentation of all services rendered in a timely manner
- Communicate with clients’ Care Coordinators and other Recovery Specialists as needed
- Continually assess clients’ progress and level of care, update treatment plans, and complete transition/discharge plans when indicated.
- Will provide marking for staff on Psychology Today, website, and Health Professionals websites
- No set shift times are needed but must be able to commit to a tentative schedule for at least a 3-month period to maintain appropriate clinical care. One weekend and two evenings per week required. Unavailability must be discussed during onboarding to determine if the employee is available at most times needed
- If working 20 hours weekly, the employee will receive the following benefits: After 90 days will receive health insurance benefits.
- Eligible for CEDS supervision after working for the company for 1-year minimum
- Licensed in the state of New York as a Registered Dietitian
- Previous experience working with eating disorders
- Organized, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about being a partner in eating disorder treatment and recovery
New York City Metro
Qualifications & Requirements:
New York licensure
2+ years of direct experience with eating disorder clients either from an eating disorder treatment center or private practice
In-depth knowledge of HAES and Intuitive Eating principles
Years of Experience:
2 years experience
Salary & Benefits:
Very Competitive Hourly Fee Structure
Hours of Availability Needed Per Week: